Thursday, November 23, 2006

Hopeless at The Coronet

Ventured out to The Coronet for mass beverage intake, gladly getting hammered with one of my favorite couples in the world. Rufus & Tania rule, two of the best real estate entrepreneurs in the greater Los Angeles area. Rufus came in with extra spirit in the conversation, and looking at them both, they really seemed to be happy.
Sadly, when Rufus hit the head to relieve himself, Tania confided that things weren’t going that well, that she didn’t know how much longer they’d be together. She wasn’t hitting on me in the process of the admission, which would’ve been difficult, as I’ve always wanted her for myself. It’s much harder to feel guilt about that when you’ve known the female in question longer than the male.

The slow destruction of the majority of relationships are mercifully concealed from the public discourse, frequently inducing astonishment when news hits the wire that it’s over and done with.

I was able to keep my mood on par, even though knowing more about the behind the scenes drama jabbed my skull blindly. Hell, Rufus seemed a nice guy, but in relationships, the one on one nature inescapably forces examination of deeper conscious thought, reveals ethical standards and such.

Luckily, in my case, common personality disorders aren’t tough to identify if you know what to look for.

No comments: